Maintaining a successful work-life balance is very hard and we all face the burden of it daily. Work can tend to dominate our lives leaving us with no time for ourselves or our loved ones. Stress can build up as well and destroy relationships. Follow the ayurvedic tips given below for a better work-life balance.
- Meditation: Meditate daily and concentrate on your breathing pattern. You can meditate either in the morning, afternoon or evening.
- Go to bed early and wake up before sunrise. Like it’s always said “Early to Bed, Early to Rise.” Regulate your sleep cycle and wake up to a bright new day.
- Try to minimize your use of electronics before bed. Get rid of your phone and laptop at least an hour before bed or else it will adversely affect your sleep, mood and stress levels. Simply make your bedroom a phone & computer free zone.
- Eat a light dinner so that your food gets completely digested before you sleep. Also make sure that you sleep 3 hours after eating dinner so that your body finishes digesting the food.
- Detoxification: Make sure you defecate at least once a day and urinate at least 5-6 times daily. You should also sweat at least 2-3 times a week via exercises. These are modes by which your body eliminates toxins and wastes from your body.
- Always remember to breathe through your nose as this helps to deepen & slow down your breathing. Moreover, your body relaxes & functions better. Even as your exercise, breathe through your nose. Reduce the intensity of your exercise if you feel that the breathing is tough through your nose.
- Try a few yoga asanas daily to improve flexibility and feel relaxed. Yoga can also improve circulation and reduce muscle stiffness.
- Include a few stress free activities in your routine like cycling, book reading or a head massage. This will help cope with the tension and stress.
- Always listen to your body. If your workplace is toxic, you need to bring about some changes in that for better work life balance. Don’t push yourself to an extreme point of burnout.
- Maintain a progress report or daily journal. Keep recording the positive changes you see in yourself and motivate yourself to strive for a better balance in life. Changes in stamina, health, stress handling, etc can be recorded.
Balancing work and life can be tedious but it is a necessity of life. For successful maintenance of this balance, one can incorporate the above tips of Ayurveda, for the best outcomes.